Virtual Celebration 2021
SLU will recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our 2021 graduates with a virtual event that will be broadcast on CUNY TV. Here you will find all of the information you need for the virtual event.
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2021
Time: 5:00 PM
Join Virtual Watch Party and After Party
Celebrate with fellow graduates, SLU faculty and staff at a ZOOM watch party and after party from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. RSVP here for the Zoom watch party and after party by April 30.
How to watch over-the-air:
CUNY TV is available over-the-air on channel 25.3. The broadcast signal can be received within a 35-mile radius from Times Square, including areas of Long Island, Westchester County, New Jersey and Connecticut.
How to watch on cable:
Cable subscribers in the five boroughs of New York City receive CUNY TV on Ch. 75 (Spectrum and Optimum), Ch. 77 (RCN) and Ch. 30 (Verizon FiOS).
**The virtual celebration will also be recorded and available for viewing on the SLU website after the event.
Apply for Graduation
Virtual Celebration Checklist
- Meet with advisor/confer with advisor to ensure graduation requirements are met.
- Apply for graduation via CUNYfirst. Deadlines to apply for graduation are November 1st for Fall and March 1st for Spring. If you missed the deadline or have questions, please contact your advisor and the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@slu.cuny.edu.
- Order your cap and gown through Jostens here. Last day to order your cap and gown is March 28th, 2021.
- Nominate a Student Speaker by April 2nd.
- RSVP for the Virtual Watch Party and After Party by April 30th.
- Submit recent photo* in vertical (portrait) format and the phonetic pronunciation of your name by April 30th through SWOOGO here. Please save the photograph with your first and last name.
- Complete SLU 2021 Graduation Survey
To make the virtual celebration as personal and meaningful for you as possible, your name will be called during the broadcast as your degree or certificate are displayed, along with your photo, if you wish.
**If you are interested in participating in the virtual celebration, but do not want a photo included in the broadcast, please let us know at Commencement@slu.cuny.edu.
Student Speaker Nomination
The deadline for applications to be the student speaker at the virtual celebration is April 2nd. If you are interested in applying or if you wish to nominate a fellow student for this honor, please fill out the nomination form and return to Commencement@slu.cuny.edu by April 2nd.
In these challenging times, SLU’s mission to promote social justice and equity is more important than ever. We are looking for a speaker whose own experience at the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies both captures this commitment and can serve to inspire fellow graduates. Special preference will be given for graduates who have been working on the front lines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As per University policy, all degrees and certificates will be conferred as originally scheduled (June 2021, or prior, as appropriate).