City Works is a NEW monthly news magazine program produced by the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies (SLU) in collaboration with CUNY TV and hosted by Laura Flanders. The show’s mission is to create is a visual and thematic presentation of work, workers and worker organizations, employing topical examinations of the changing nature of work, tributes to unsung heroes, and analysis of the enduring challenges faced by workers. The show will spotlight the vast array of occupations of working people across New York City, and explore individual and collective efforts to make a better life for workers and a more prosperous and equitable society.
The show will air on the first Monday of each month
To see all available channels, alternate airtimes and future digital broadcasts, click here.
We invite comments about City Works at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode One – BLM and Police Unions
- Episode Two -Immigrant Workers: Contesting the Narrative
- Episode Three – Pandemic Economics
- Episode Four – Post Election Reporters Roundtable
- Episode Five – New York’s Housing Crisis: Tenant Organizing in a Pandemic
- Episode Six – The Biden Administration and the Working Class
- Episode Seven – COVID Recovery and Essential Workers: What’s Next?