City Works is a monthly news magazine program produced by the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies (SLU) in collaboration with CUNY TV and hosted by Laura Flanders. The show’s mission is to create is a visual and thematic presentation of work, workers and worker organizations, employing topical examinations of the changing nature of work, tributes to unsung heroes, and analysis of the enduring challenges faced by workers. The show will spotlight the vast array of occupations of working people across New York City, and explore individual and collective efforts to make a better life for workers and a more prosperous and equitable society.
The show will air on the first Monday of each month
To see all available channels, alternate airtimes and future digital broadcasts, click here.
We invite comments about City Works at email@example.com.
- Episode One – Workers & Disability Rights: Beyond the Pandemic
- Episode Two – The State of the Unions & Occupy Wall Street Ten Year Later
- Episode Three – A Tale of Two Cities Revisited: NYC’s Mayoral Transition
- Episode Four – Challenging Monopoly and “Bezosism”
- Episode Five – Organized Labor and The Global Climate Crisis
- Episode Six – Solving the NYC Yellow Cab Debt Crisis
- Episode Seven – Examining Racism’s Economic and Health Impacts In America