Office of Admissions
School of Labor and Urban Studies
25 West 43rd Street, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Office of Admissions
Congratulations on your acceptance to the School of Labor and Urban Studies (SLU)! Here you will find many resources to help you make a smooth transition.
✅ Enrollment Checklist
🗺️ Your Guide to Starting New @ SLU
Welcome to SLU!
- All accepted students may be required to pay a non-refundable $100 commitment deposit. The commitment deposit will confirm your enrollment at SLU. It will be applied towards your tuition.
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at Admissions@slu.cuny.edu
Apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- We encourage all students to file a FAFSA in order to be considered for federal aid and institutional scholarships
- Our school code is 004765
- Students with an estimated family contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less may have their commitment deposit waived
- If you have additional questions, please email us at Financialaid@slu.cuny.edu
|Proof of Immunization||All students attending in person classes are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to the start of the semester. To view our immunization policy and access forms, click here. If you have previously attended any CUNY school, your immunization record may have already carried over to SLU. Students with additional questions can email Healthservices@slu.cuny.edu
One Login For CUNY-Wide Applications
- CUNYfirst – houses your student account, which includes financial, academic, and enrollment information
- CUNY Alert – allows you to receive text, email and/or voice alerts of emergencies or weather related closings on your campus. You can choose your campus or office locations, phone numbers for voice and text messages, and/or email addresses for emergency notifications delivered directly to you
- DegreeWorks – a web-based program that enables you to easily track your academic progress.
- BlackBoard – collaborative online learning environment
- Student E-mail – critical to receiving important information from SLU
* Instructions to claim your SLU3 account will be sent from the IT Service Desk
- Microsoft 365 – office suite is available at no cost to active student
ScholarH is an online portal used to apply for SLU scholarships and search for opportunities. To claim your account, click here
Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor using SLU Navigate (login using CUNYfirst credentials). You can find your assigned advisor in CUNYfirst, but you can also click here to view our advisor directory by program. Advisement consultations include course selection for the upcoming semester as well as review of your academic progress and account status. At the completion of your session, you are is cleared for registration!
Schedule Builder is an application tool that enables students to plan and register for courses that meet their schedules and other needs. This application shows courses listed in the University’s course schedule (i.e., CUNYfirst) and allows students to select those courses based on desired time, location, availability and other factors.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
The Registrar’s Office will conduct an evaluation of your transfer credits and notify you once they are posted.
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a series of events designed to introduce you to the academic, cultural and social aspects of student life at SLU. NSO will provide the opportunity to learn about various educational opportunities, how to access our services and resources, and your responsibilities as a student.
Please RSVP to BOTH events using the links below:
- New Student Orientation Part 1 on Wednesday, August 10th, 2022: 6:00pm-7:45pm: https://part1newstudentorientationfall2022.eventbrite.com
- New Student Orientation Part 2 on Wednesday, August 18th, 2022: 6:00pm-7:45p: https://part2newstudentorientationfall2022.eventbrite.com
The CUNYfirst system will generate a bill within 24-hours of registration. Payment of tuition is due by the first official day of the new semester and is accepted in a variety of ways.
- Credit/debit and electronic check (online only)
- Personal check and money order (in-person or mail)
- Payment Plan (online only)
- Union or Employer Deferment
- Cohort Program Waiver
- Federal/State Aid or Loans
* The CUNYfirst system assigns a tuition due date based on when you enroll, which may be earlier than the first official day. Not to worry, you are not expected to settle your bill until AUGUST 25 (2022 FALL) *
All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 004765. If you have already applied for financial aid, you may need to accept your offer online in CUNYfirst.
- Are you in a certificate program? While you may not be eligible for Federal Financial Aid, you are strongly encouraged to submit a FAFSA as this is a requirement for SLU Scholarships. Private loans may also be available.
|Functional Area||Department||Department E-mail|
|Billing and Payments||Office of Student Accounts||Bursar@slu.cuny.edu|
|Scholarships and Grants||Office of Student Accounts||StudentAccounts@slu.cuny.edu|
|Federal/State Aid & Student Loans||Office of Financial Aid||Financialaid@slu.cuny.edu|
|Information Technology||IT Services||ITHelpDesk@slu.cuny.edu|
|Records and Enrollment||Office of the Registrar||Registrar@slu.cuny.edu|
|Health Records||Office of the Registrar||Healthservices@slu.cuny.edu|
|Student Services||Office of Student Affairs||StudentServices@slu.cuny.edu|