Center for Public Engagement
The Center for Public Engagement at the Murphy Institute brings together academics, public intellectuals, union and community leaders/activists, policy makers, journalists, and artists to examine:
- The full range of issues that bear on the social and cultural life of workers and working-class communities
- Domestic and international movements for social and economic justice
- Public policy and political developments as they affect poor and working-class communities
- Global and domestic experimentation and strategy to advance economic democracy and equality
- Domestic and international unions’ efforts to halt climate change, and advance environmental sustainability and energy democracy.
- Publishes New Labor Forum, an award-winning national journal
- Organizes a plethora of public programming attended annually by over 1,500 people
- Offers seminars, workshops and trainings in organized labor’s role in addressing climate change, economic democracy, and civic engagement & leadership development.