It is the responsibility of Office of the Registrar to maintain CUNY’s compliance with Public Health Law 2165 which requires all students born after 12/31/1956 to present proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella. The immunization requirements are as follows:
1. Proof of two (2) doses of live measles virus vaccine given after 1968. The first dose should be administered on or after your first birthday and the second dose must be administered at least 28 days after the first dose. A blood test showing immunity to measles will also satisfy this requirement.
2. One dose of live mumps vaccine administered on or after your first birthday, or a blood test showing immunity.
3. One dose of live rubella vaccine administered on or after your first birthday or a blood test showing immunity.
Acceptable Proof of Immunization:
- vaccination card from childhood (i.e. yellow book signed and stamped):
- immunization records from your doctor’s office (SIGNED and STAMPED with your doctor’s license number by your doctor or clinic);
- high school or prior college’s immunization records;
- blood test (ORIGINAL LAB REPORT IS REQUIRED) proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR titer);
- certificate of immunization from INS or country of origin (for international students)*; or
- honorable discharge papers from military service, within 10 years of discharge*.
*typically these sources demonstrate only ONE dose of measles vaccine, so you might be required to provide additional materials documenting a second dose of measles vaccine.
In addition, New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires that all students (regardless of age) complete a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form to indicate that they have read and received information about Meningococcal Meningitis prior to registering for classes.
It is very important to submit these documents on time; failure to do so will prevent you from registering.
For more information about Immunization Requirements, click here.
Click here for the CUNY SLU Immunization Record form.
If you have any questions about the immunization requirements at CUNY School of Labor & Urban Studies, please call us at (212) 642-2098 or email us at Healthservices@slu.cuny.edu