The Office of the Registrar is committed to ensuring the integrity of the University’s academic records. We maintain and protect the accuracy, integrity and security of all student records, and student personal information in compliance with all CUNY, State and Federal regulations, policies and procedures. We also strive to enhance the educational experience by serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the greater community.

Contact Registrar 25 West 43rd Street 19th Floor New York, NY 10036
Summer And Fall 2022 Registration

Please contact your advisor/program coordinator to assist with your next class selection and to have your advisement hold lifted.

CUNY SLU’s course catalog is now online! Current and prospective students can visit the catalog to find program and course descriptions, more information about SLU’s esteemed faculty, as well as financial aid and admissions information.

Academic Calendar All the important dates such as deadlines, closed days, end of term and more.

To enroll in classes: Login to CUNYfirst click on Student Center and then click on Schedule Builder. CUNYfirst:

To view course offerings, the Global search tool is available here:

Watch a Schedule Builder tutorial, learn how to add, drop and swap classes
Academic Policies

Visit the Academic Policies section for information on subject such as; transfer credit policy, incomplete grade policy, refund policy, leave of absence policy and more.

What is Readmission?

Readmission is the process for previously enrolled students at the School of Labor and Urban Studies who have discontinued their studies for more than one major semester (fall/spring). Keep in mind, all students interested in applying of readmission will be charged a non-refundable fee of $20. This fee must be paid to the Office of the Bursar.

Request for Readmission Form

What Are The Application Steps For Readmission?

Before you apply for readmission, students should consider the following:


Students must resolve all holds their record before applying for readmission. The most common holds are financial (Bursar/ Financial Aid or Library) or academic (Satisfactory Progress) holds.

International Students

Students who hold an F-1 or J-1 visa must get in contact with the Office of International Students prior to applying for readmission.

Time Frame

Students who have stepped away from their program for 7 years or more must speak to the Registrar prior to applying for readmission. In some cases, the student will be required to re-apply to the program through the Office of Admissions.

Application Process

Students who have reviewed the preliminary points above may submit their application.

  • Students will fill out the form and submit their request. Be aware that submitting the form below does NOT mean you were approved for your readmission request.
  • Students will receive a notification informing them of the next steps in the process.
  • All requests will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar.
  • Students will be notified of their Programs decision via email.
  • If your request is approved, the Office of the Registrar will process the request and notify you via email of your registration date and time.


Your completed readmission application must be submitted on or prior to the deadline posted on the Academic Calendar.


Public Health Law 2165 requires all students born after 12/31/1956 to present proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella. In addition, New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires all post-secondary institutions to provide information on Meningitis and the Meningitis vaccine to all students registering for six credits or more (or its equivalent).

📝Immunization Form
Immunization requirements are as follows:

1. Proof of two (2) doses of live measles virus vaccine given after 1968. The first dose should be administered on or after your first birthday and the second dose must be administered at least 28 days after the first dose. A blood test showing immunity to measles will also satisfy this requirement.

2. One dose of live mumps vaccine administered on or after your first birthday, or a blood test showing immunity.

3. One dose of live rubella vaccine administered on or after your first birthday or a blood test showing immunity.

Acceptable Proof of Immunization:

- Vaccination card from childhood (i.e. yellow book signed and stamped)
- Immunization records from your doctor’s office (signed and stamped by your doctor or clinic with the physician’s license number clearly listed);
- High school or prior college’s immunization records;
- Blood test (original lab report required) proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR Titer);
- Certificate of immunization from INS or country of origin (for international students)*; or
- Honorable discharge papers from military service, within 10 years of discharge*

*Typically, these sources demonstrate only ONE dose of measles vaccine, so you might be required to provide additional materials documenting a second dose of measles vaccine.

If you have additional questions, please call (212) 642-2098 or email For more information on CUNY’s immunization requirements, click here.


Request for official School of Labor and Urban Studies transcripts are fulfilled online through Credentials Solutions. Current and Alumni students can request official transcripts directly through SLU Transcripts . For more information on CUNY transcript policies, click here.

An unofficial, or student copy, of your transcript can be accessed on CUNYfirst. Be sure to enable pop-up windows in your browser settings. How to Retrieve Student Transcript.


All graduates will be notified to their SLU email address prior to processing their diploma/certificates to confirm all personal information (spelling of name; address; phone number; and email address) are correct in CUNYfirst.

Diplomas/certificate processing takes approximately three to four months after each official graduation term.

Diplomas are retained in the Office of the Registrar for graduates from fall 2018 to fall 2020 if you have not received your diploma/certificate, please complete mail request form and email form to

Graduates from spring 2021 going forward will have their diplomas/certificates sent by Parchment.

Duplicate Diploma

To request a duplicate diploma follow the instructions on the request form. Requests take 4-8 weeks to process.


Students can access their Enrollment Verification Letter online via CUNYfirst. How to Access Enrollment Verification Letter Reference Guide. You can also complete the Enrollment Verification Form and submit to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

In-School Student Loan Deferment

If you are enrolled at least half-time (6-credits or more), your loan should automatically placed into a deferment based on the enrollment information reported by CUNY. Your loan servicer will notify you that the deferment has been granted. If you enroll at least half-time but do not automatically receive a deferment, you should contact


If you are an employer, insurance company or other third party agency needing certification of student enrollment and degree verification at CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies (CUNY SLU), please note the following:

The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) has been authorized to act as our agent for certification of enrollments and degree verifications for students who attended or graduated from CUNY SLU. Please direct all requests for certification of attendance or graduation to the Clearinghouse. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted via email at, by telephone at (703) 742-4200 or by fax along with the student’s signed and dated consent to (703) 742-4239. This service is available 24 hours a day seven days a week, via the Clearinghouse website at

Quick Links

Course Scheduling - learn how to use Schedule Builder, learn about Epermit and its requirements, find out how to Apply for Readmission

CUNYfirst - how to use this thing

Update Personal Information - Add/Edit Address, E-Mail, Phone Number Add/Edit Name, Birthdate, Or Social Security No., New York State Residency

Graduation - find out how to use CUNYfirst to apply for graduation.

FERPA - read about The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that affords rights to students with respect to their education records.