Office of Student Accounts
School of Labor and Urban Studies
25 West 43 Street
New York, NY 10036
Call (646) 313-8420
Be aware of fraudsters and scams! Learn about online tuition scams and how you can avoid being targeted by them.
Fraudsters often offer discounts on school tuition if the victim makes a tuition payment via the fraudsters. These fraudsters are using stolen credit card information and students ultimately end up with a balance even after paying the fraudsters.
- Scammers target international students at a higher rate compared to domestic students (scammers have especially targeted students using the popular app, WeChat)
- Scammers often promise an approximate 5% discount on tuition payments for students who use their 3rd-party services
- Victims are asked to provide their University login credentials and their credit card information
Protect Yourself! We strongly caution students to never share their online credentials with anyone.
- Never share your online credentials with anyone!
- Only use payment methods approved by CUNY, such as the Nelnet Payment Plan
- Advise your parents or authorized payers not to respond to any 3rd party solicitations for payment of tuition and fees at a discount