Service Desk Hours
Monday: 8:45 am to 9:45 pm
Tuesday: 8:45 am to 9:45 pm
Wednesday: 8:45 am to 9:45 pm
Thursday: 8:45 am to 9:45 pm
Friday: 8:45 am to 9:45 pm
Available On Campus
Tuesday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Phone: (646) 313-8440
Laptop Loaner Program
Students may borrow available laptops for use on-campus. Circumstances that generally warrant at-home use are impromptu school closures (i.e., natural disasters, threats to public/health/safety) or accessibility needs. Observation of federal holidays and scheduled term breaks do not qualify.
The loaner is a Windows-based PC that comes with standard software and a power adapter. The laptops are internally equipped with Wi-Fi for use where wireless access exists. All laptops are loaded with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, as well as other SLU-approved software.
Students can download the Laptop Loaner Form HERE.
When I borrow a laptop computer from SLU Information Technology, I understand and agree to the following:
- Laptop loans are facilitated by Information Technology and are requested from the IT circulation desk.
- Only currently enrolled students are permitted to check out one laptop, in-person. Laptops cannot be reserved online or by phone and are distributed first-come, first-serve.
- Short-term and extended loans must be approved by the Director of Information Technology and the Dean of Operations.
- A valid school or state identification is required at check-out. The copy of the student’s identification will be kept at the circulation desk until the laptop is returned.
- Overdue fines for laptops are $25.00.
- Students will be charged up to $1,000.00 for laptops that are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
- Students that do not return a laptop within 10-business days of the due date will be charged the overdue penalty ($25.00) in addition to the laptop replacement cost ($1,000.00), totaling $1,025.00.
- Unpaid fines and/or repair and replacement costs will result in a block on the borrower’s CUNYfirst account until the device is returned or the liability is satisfied. Such holds will prevent registration as well as the release of transcripts, enrollment verification, and grades.
- I will return it in the same condition as when I borrowed it.
- I will not leave it unattended.
- I will take it with me if there is an emergency evacuation of the building.
- I will not loan it to anyone else.
- I will return it on time. Otherwise, I will be responsible for paying the fine.
- I will not change (add/delete) or tamper with the hardware or the software.
- I will not perform any illegal activities with this laptop (i.e., hacking, pirating, etc.) and will be held responsible for any such unlawful activities
- I understand that data cannot be saved on this computer. When it is powered down or logged off, all data
will be lost. All work must be saved to a USB drive. All files left on the laptop will be erased. SLU accepts no
responsibility for lost files.
- I am responsible for the laptop, including the power adaptor. If it is damaged, lost, or stolen, I am financially
responsible for all related costs (up to a $1,000.00 replacement fee).
*SLU is not responsible for damage to data caused by viruses that may exist on the network or are spread through the network or from software malfunctions.
*SLU is not responsible for damage to external drives or any other devices plugged into the laptop.
*SLU reserves the right to suspend and/or discontinue a student’s laptop loan borrowing privileges at any time, including but not limited to inappropriate use and treatment or loss of parts to the laptop.
- I must return laptops by the date specified on the Use and Liability Form > Student Must Return By.
- I must return laptops to an IT staff member at the Circulation Desk and wait for it to be checked in. The check-in process can take up to 15 minutes. The representative will examine the device and power it up to confirm that it is in good working condition.
- I understand the fine for an overdue laptop is $25.00.
- I will be charged repair or replacement costs for devices returned imperfect or damaged, including but not limited to the screen, hardware, and/or casing.
- I will be charged replacement costs if I do not return all cables or accessories.
- If I tamper with the equipment, I will be charged to repair or replace the laptop and any cables or accessories and may also be subject to disciplinary action.
- I understand that I can be charged up to $1,000.00 for laptops that are lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
- I understand that if I do not return a laptop within 10-business days of the due date, I will be charged the overdue penalty ($25.00) plus the total cost of the laptop ($1,000.00), totaling $1,025.00.
- Overdue fines, repair, or replacement costs will be billed to my student account. I will have 30-days from the date of notice to pay this amount in full. Non-payment will result in a block on my account until the bill is settled to $0.00. Such holds will prevent registration as well as the release of transcripts, enrollment verification, and grades.
Students can download the Laptop Loaner Form HERE.