A student may request a grade of incomplete for a course from their faculty member. To be eligible, the student must have completed over 50 percent of the work required for the course by the time the request is made. If the faculty member agrees to grant an incomplete, the student and faculty member must fill out a form stating the due date for the remaining material owed in the class. The faculty member will submit an incomplete grade (“INC”) for that semester.

An INC is a temporary grade. The outstanding work must be completed by the end of the following fall or spring semester. If the work is not completed on time, the INC is converted to a permanent grade of F on the record. The course instructor may grant the INC at the request of the student if participation requirements have been met and the only outstanding work is a paper, project, or examination. The instructor has the right to refuse a request, and can set a time limit for completion that is shorter than the end of the following semester. When the course work is completed and the final grade received, the INC grade will be replaced; a notation will be made on the student’s transcript on the date of change.