Student Accounts and Payment Services (Bursar)
CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies
25 West 43 Street 19 floor
New York, NY 10036
Phone (646) 313-8420 | Fax (212) 827-5955
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
*Minor variations for holidays.
To schedule an appointment, e-mail Bursar@slu.cuny.edu
⚠️Due to the public health crisis and subsequent guidance from the City University of New York, Student Accounts and Payment Services (Bursar) has temporarily switched to a remote schedule. Staff is available by phone and email M-F, 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Our service line will be available by call or text M-F until 7:00 pm. Rest assured, our team will continue to deliver the highest quality service. For more information, click here.
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (minor variations for holidays at which time the College is closed). Check this section periodically for scheduling changes and announcements 📣
We understand that many of our students are working professionals and may be unable to visit our office during the normal business hours. Your job is important. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service without having to make unnecessary trips.
- Have questions about your tuition bill, payments, or taxes? Look to the navigation pane on your left – we might have what you are looking for!
- Feel free to scan and submit documents via email (Bursar@slu.cuny.edu), such as waivers, employer vouchers, or letters of credit. If an original is required, you will be instructed to mail or drop-off at a time that is convenient for you.
- Payments/payment plans are available online via CUNYfirst (credit or debit 💳 and electronic check 🏦). To learn more, click here.
- Questions about financial aid such as federal and state grants or loans? The Office of Fellowships and Financial Aid can help. Start by emailing Financialaid@gc.cuny.edu.
- *Coming soon* – Secure drop-box services allow students to submit payments via check or money order for next-day processing. Drop-off forms will be available at the 19th floor Connect Center. Rest assured, our drop-box will be tamper proof, locked, and under 24-hour surveillance. Your receipt will be emailed.
- For urgent matters, students may request an appointment between 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm by emailing Bursar@slu.cuny.edu. A representative will contact you with available times. Please be sure to state your EMPLID and the full nature of your inquiry – you never know, it may be something that we can easily solve!
Student Accounts and Payment Services (Bursar) provides courteous and efficient support to students, faculty, staff and external organizations. We pride ourselves on integrity and accountability in accordance with The School of Labor and Urban Studies (SLU), The City University of New York (CUNY), New York State and the U.S Department of Education.
- Bills tuition, fees and miscellaneous charges.
- Produces invoices or account statements.
- Collects all college receivables, include those from students, third-parties, and donors.
- Tracks electronic payments, including the University Payment Plan.
- Processes student and third-party refunds.
- Manages past-due accounts, external collections, and collector payments.
- Maintains financial records (i.e., direct deposit, 1098-T).
- Appropriates funds for institutional scholarships and notifies awardees.
- Enforces appropriate fiscal practices amongst the campus community.