The Office of the Bursar is responsible for the billing and processing of tuition and fee payments. In addition to collecting and posting payments on students accounts, the Office of the Bursar oversees monthly payment plans, financial aid refunds and the collection of past due tuition. The Office of the Bursar also processes refunds from overpayments, class withdrawals and status changes.
Tuition & Fee Schedule
Please visit the CUNY Tuition & Fee Schedule.
Paying and Accessing Your Bill
ONLINE VIA NELNET CAMPUS COMMERCE
o Verify Your Tuition and Fee Balance in CUNYFirst and make a note of that amount.
o Follow the link to Nelnet Campus commerce https://online.campuscommerce.com/signin/4LWGX and sign in to access your account if you have already set one up or set up a new account.
o You may pay your tuition and fees in full via direct debit to a checking or savings account (ACH) at no additional cost you, OR
o You may set up a payment plan (fee applies):
- Direct debit to a check or savings account (ACH): $40.00 one-time fee;
- Debit/credit card: $90.00 one-time fee.
o The payment plan enrollment schedule is as follows:
- 5 payments – enrollment deposit plus 4 subsequent payment dates in January, February, March and April: ENROLLMENT DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 27, 2018.
- 4 payments – enrollment deposit plus 3 subsequent payment dates in February, March and April: ENROLLMENT DEADLINE IS JANUARY 28, 2019.
o Nelnet Campus Commerce is not integrated with CUNYfirst so you will need to manually enter the amount you owe into the payment system.
o For the same reason this office will need to manually credit student accounts in CUNYfirst so there may be a slight lag in crediting your account but the Bursar does have record of your payment.
- BY MAIL
o CUNY SLU accepts payment by personal check or bank check by mail.
o Please make your check payable to the CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies and mail to:
CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies
Attn: Office of the Bursar
25 W. 43rd Street, 19th Fl.
New York, NY 10036
o Please note your EMPLID # on the check for faster processing.
- IN PERSON
o CUNY SLU accepts payment by personal check, bank check or money order ONLY; no cash.
o Beginning Monday, January 7, drop-in hours are Monday-Friday, 4:00-5:00 p.m. in Room 1801 at the 25 W. 43rd Street campus.
o Additional hours will be announced prior to the start of spring term.
o If published drop-in hours do not work for you and you wish to schedule an appointment to come in to pay your bill or speak with someone in the Bursar’s office, please contact us at Bursar@slu.cuny.edu.
- OTHER IMPORANT INFORMATION
o If you have questions about applying for financial aid or pending financial aid, or are seeking advice about financing your education, please contact the Graduate Center Financial Aid Office at 212-817-7460; firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Questions to this office should be directed to this email address: Bursar@slu.cuny.edu.
If you are required to submit an official bill for any reason, please submit an e-mailed request to email@example.com.
Financial Aid Disbursements
The office of the University Controller is responsible for the disbursement of all financial aid and refund checks. Students may receive their refunds in one of three ways. For the information about financial aid please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- Direct Deposit: The funds will be deposited into the student’s bank account. To select this option, please complete and mail or submit in person the Direct Deposit Application form to the Office of the Bursar. Additionally, if your bank account has changed, please submit a new form. For more information, contact the Office of the Bursar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-827-0200.
- Check: A check will be mailed to the address on file in CUNYfirst. If you have recently moved or changed your contact information, be sure to update your information in CUNYfirst. If you do not receive your check in the mail within 10 days of the mailing date, or your check has been lost or stolen, contact the Financial Aid Office immediately. A “stop payment” must be placed on the check by CUNY’s Office of the University Controller. It may take up to four (4) weeks to receive a replacement check.
A student’s tuition and fee liability may change as a result of adding or dropping a course. Refunds are reviewed after the end of the official add/drop period each semester. Upon review, the funds will then be disbursed using the following methods:
|Payments made by:||Refund Method:|
|Check/Money Order||A check will be mailed to the address in CUNYfirst|
|Credit/Debit Card||A credit will be refunded to original payment source|
For more details about the refund policy.